Monday, June 04, 2007

AA2 - Week 12 - Mastering 2

The last weekly assignment for AA, and a nice way to round off the semester. I mastered the song excerpt "Getting Home" or whatever it's really called. I used a 4-band EQ to bring up the bass and some of the mid range, and a multi-band compressor to even out the mid range and make the high end more present. I also used 'Aural Exciter' for the first time, with seemed to bring out the snare quite a bit. My mix does sound different to the Edensound mix, but I wasn't actually trying to emulate it exactly anyway. The following files are a sample of the original unmastered mix, my master and a sample of the master from Edensound.

~Unmastered~

~My Master~

~Edensound Master~


Inserts

2 comments:

weimer said...

ben's "let's have fun" plug-in

features:
-a aphex oral exciter
-a G-verb banger
-a 'this is a MuthaFuqingDSP EQ'
-the Cheese Machine! Need i say more!

that's all 4 now

Ben said...

Plus various dials and buttons that have no purpose. Heh, stupid customers.