Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Forum - Week 4 - Student Presentations 2



Due to the complex nature of my presentation I got mine out of the way first. While segregating myself from the speakers (and thus audience) seemed like a good idea, I wasn't prepared for how dehumanising it is to talk to a computer screen. Hearing everything I say repeated back half of a second later didn't help either. In any case, my patch didn't crash so I shouldn't be complaining. I am glad that no one asked what mark I got, as it would have been a bit disconcerting to the first years.

Luke was up next, showing off his impressive work for the Fringe and his new band. I love the sound of his band, they are obviously heavily influence by the likes of Godspeed! You Black Emperor. Freddy then unleashed his major project from last year. I'm not sure what I did wrong for mine, but if this got a distinction I must have missed the point entirely.

Matt used the opportunity of a captive audience to present his latest Fresh FM job applications. I don't listen to the radio, so I guess it wasn't really my 'bag'. Finally Douglas presented a screen video capture of a live rendition of his major project. Much like Freddy's, the use of a guitar was prevalent.

Stephen Whittington. "Music Technology Forum - Student Presentations - Week 4." Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 27th March 2008.

2 comments:

John said...

Are you awake yet?

Ben said...

I wasn't, no. Now I am!