Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Creative Computing | Week 1 | Graphical User Interface (1)


Oh how I miss MaxMSP. I just want to add a picture for the background! Whatever. This week I attempted to create a GUI that could be used for sound file playback, looping and surround panning. I decided that rather than copypasting the same code several times for each instance, I placed one set of code into a do function and let it populate the window itself. This also allowed for quick customisation of the interface- you can choose how many instances you want with just a single number change. The window automatically resizes to fit the number of instances. This also led to a whole bag of troubles regarding GUI object output, but whatever.

I also ripped off Dave's background code to replace the metal one, but I couldn't get a good mix of colours, and the metal looks so cool anyway.



Considering how much effort is required, the outcome is quite lame.
Surrounder.RTF


Haines, Christian. "Creative Computing - Week 1 - Semester 2, 2008: Graphical User Interface (1)." Lecture presented at Tutorial room 408, level 4, Schultz building, University of Adelaide, 31st of July 2008.

No comments: