Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Forum - Week 3 - Student Presentations 1

This week we kicked off the student presentations with Sanad, Jake, Peter, Dave and Johnny "Kick A Hole In The Sky" Delany. Sanad presented a fantastic composition that used Iranian singing and found sounds to create a very cool piece. I wouldn't mind a copy of it, as it would certainly become a staple song on my MP3 player.

Jake probably presented something interesting, however Dave took the opportunity of a captive audience to unleash the beast, more commonly known as "aquaDementia" (at least that's what I would have called it). His MaxMSP patch, although complex, showed a promising amount of depth, perhaps even more than the average Reason sampler.


I have always been a fan of John's Perspectives composition from last year, so it was great to hear it again. If there was a subwoofer set up I would like to have heard his other piece "Towards The Centre", however the enforced stereo set up would not have done it justice. Finally, Peter kept us up-to-date with his latest Plogue Bidule experiments. Just the sight of those wavy cables gave me shivers.

2 comments:

Luke.Digance - Eclectic I said...

Ben, you are the greatest. I'm sure you will become the immortal leader of this world.

I know this coz the trees told me.

Ben said...

Crikey, thanks Luke. You're okay too.