Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Forum - Week 5 - Circuit Bending II

This week seems to have slipped through the cracks, as Jake and I seem to have forgotten to post about it. In any case, all of our toys had been broken, except for the phone, so we endeavored to permanently attach a pitch-changing potentiometer. Which we did, along with speaker wires and battery wires. Here's the picture:



We did try buying other toys, however they indubitably turned out crap, such as:



Which didn't even work. Although we did get some cool robot-head LED's from them. Good times!



Seb Tomczak. "Music Technology Forum - Circuit Bending II" Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 23rd August, 2007.

3 comments:

John said...

LOVE the new avatar. Ballmer must have considered motivational speaking a part of his job description. Did you use GIF Animator, or Premiere or something else to make it?

Ben said...

I think this avatar will have a longer humour shelf life than a pie-in-the-face one. Plus the whole 'thing' with my blog is pro-Windows, so it fits in a bit better.

It came from Uncyclopedia, where I get all my unknowledge.

I would like to superimpose "DEVELOPERS!" flashing over the top, but I have no GIF animator... yet. To johndelany.com!

John said...

Right! I was going to say - the avatar is not very well optimised, at 126Kb, not to mention it only needs to be 80 x 60px, but you didn't make it so that's ok!

All you need now is to loop the sound of "Developers" continually in the background of your blog, so as to get the message across.

I don't think I've included a GIF animation utility on my website.... although a trial of Ulead GIF Animator would do the trick. Or GIF Movie Gear. Or Animation Shop. Or even QuickTime Pro I think. Anyway, johndelany.com will cease to be next Jan, I'm not going to renew the domain... probably will shift the site elsewhere or create a MySpace (last resort).